Guusto is on a mission to rid the world of bad workplace culture!
We help HR leaders build employee recognition programs so their people feel appreciated, engaged and inspired.
We are on an exciting trajectory, having seen over 300% growth in 2020 and are now the #1 highest rated recognition and rewards platform on G2 with 1000+ 5 star reviews. We power programs for thousands of clients like Levi’s, Harvard, Raptors, Fairmont and more.
As a development team member, you can expect to work with some amazingly talented people invested in your growth and development. As our new Sr Software Developer; you will have a critical role in our core development group, driving the projects for your group, working with the team on cutting-edge technologies, and working to build the features and architecture that will continue to separate Guusto from the crowd of Employee Recognition platforms.
- Salary: Market + Bonus
- Job Type: FT
- Remote: Yes
- Health and Mental Wellness Benefits
- Employee Health Spending Account
- Annual Home Office Budget
- Annual Learning & Development Budget
- Team Recognition Budget
- Unlimited Vacation & Personal Leave (2 Weeks minimum)
- Company Laptop
- Amazing team to work with
In your first 3 months, you will…
- Onboard with the engineering team and learn our current development practices
- Meet with team leads (Product, CS, Sales, Marketing, etc.) across the organization and connect with your peers
- Deep dive into our codebase, learn the architecture and understand our development process
- Work with the engineering team on the current roadmap to prioritize projects and understand the next 3/6/9 months of development
- Work closely with our Technology Leader to set a long-term strategy and implementation plan for the engineering team
In your first 12 months, you will…
- Focus on architecting and building out different microservices for the Guusto Web App
- Have built out and managed multiple projects with our engineering team
- Continue to advocate for current development best practices
- Monitor our systems in production and provision environments
- Monitor and help to create DevOps best practices
- Have taken the lead on multiple features and brought them to completion
- Continue to work with other Tech Leads and Product Managers to manage the development roadmap and set priorities for tickets and projects
- Bring new ideas and best practices to the table for the team to learn from and adopt
- Be part of a safe and inclusive team environment for all developers to operate in
As an early leader on our development team, you will help shape best practices for building and maintaining the Guusto product. We are a small team that prioritizes collaboration, open communication and feedback and experimentation. We believe people come first, and it is why we are building the leading employee recognition platform. This role has a lot of room for growth and advancement as we continue to grow Guusto and expand our business.
We are building Guusto with the following tech stack: Java, Typescript, AngularJS, AWS, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes
What to Expect
- Application: your profile will be reviewed within 72 hours, and you'll hear back from us no matter what (no ghosting!). We aim to respond to every applicant within five business days.
- Zoom Interview: a 30-minute call with Noah (Head of People) to discuss your background, Guusto, the role, and answer your questions about Guusto
- Panel Interview: a 60-minute call with Tom (CTO advisor) and Skai (Cofounder) to dive deeper into your technical knowledge, development process and leadership skills and ensure there is alignment with the problems we are solving
- Technical Take Home Project: we ask all candidates to complete a take-home project that you will review with Felipe in your final interview.
- Technical Interview: a 60-minute call with Felipe (Development Lead) to assess technical skills and learn more about our current development process and how you would be adding to our team
Additional Application Information
We are a remote-first organization with employees in multiple cities and provinces and accept applications from anyone able to work in Canada.
We have a collaboration space and office at 1155 W Pender St in Vancouver for the Guusto team to use as needed.